Saturday, January 22, 2005

wat a day..part I

place: KLIA(airasia information counter)
time: 6:25 am
atmosphere: kinda like pudu..in other word, packed

me:"hi"

she(smile):"hi..good morning"

me(smile):"morning...erm..can i know the flight schedule to penang today??"

she:"hold on a minute.."

after few seconds of typing on the keyboard

she:"we got 7:05 morning,3:45 afternoon and 9:05 at night"

me:"hrmp...and how's the pricing??"

she:"the price is different for every flight"

me:"orh...how bout the 7 oclock flight??"

she:"erm..the price is rm148.99.."

me(shocked):"woah...how bout 3 oclock flight?"

she:"erm..is cheaper abit...rm139.99"

me(shocked):"erm..do u guys give any discount for students??"

she(smile):"no sir.."

me:"ok..thank you"(walked away from the counter,sweats started to flow from my forehead)

after walked away from the counter..i started to find MAS counter....but i couldn't find it...then..the last resort...i took out my phone....search my phone book and found the entry named "father"

toooo......tooooooo......toooooo......

dad(still blur):"eh....elo...har???"

me:"dad....yi eh pui ki ko si rm150 lar...an chua???"(dad..the flight ticket still rm 150...how??)

dad:"aa...je tui lai nia lar...wa ka subsidy lu tam po"(aa..just sit come back lar...i'll subsidy ur ticket)

me:"sure??"

dad:"a'ah..tan che i ki bayan lepas lai cai lu liao wa lang ki breakfast"(yeah..later i go to bayan lepas to fetch u then we go breakfast together)

me:"ha..okok"(hang up the phone will a lil feeling of guilt)

then i hang around the counter for few minutes...then i looked at my watch..it showed 6:35am..i slowly walked to the counter...to the same lady again

me(smile):"hi...can i have a ticket for 7 oclock flight?"

she(smile):"yeah..sure.."

dunnu wat she type on the keyboard..couldnt see her screen...

me:"erm...can i like...erm....put myself in the waiting list??"

she:"waiting list?"

me:"orh..meaning i'll wait for those who nvr come to take their ticket after they booked "

she:"..orh...the waiting is more expensive than the normal price"

she answered me without looking at me..

me:"more expensive??"

she:"yeah.......erm...148.99 sir."

me:"ok.."

slowly,sadly..i took out my wallet....opened up...and took out the only 3 pieces of 50 bucks note in my wallet and gave it to the lady.....before putting back my wallet to my pocket..i took a glance at my wallet...gosh...left 20 bucks......shaking my head....i continued looked at wat the lady doing..

me:"so..now wat??"

she:"oh..i'm printing ur itenary and u can get ur ticket at counter A2"

right after she finished her sentence..the itenary was printed....and she gave it to me..i looked at the piece of paper and tell myself.."holy mother of god..this piece of paper cost me 150 bucks"....before heading to counter A2...i took a free copy of new straits time from the info counter...

*at counter A2*

i saw 1 family checking their luggage..and they were like taking 100 years to just check in their luggage..wat happened ther...on god know.....i looked at my watch.....it showed 6:40am..."gosh...faster u bunch of ppl....just check in ur luggage and buzz off.."

then at tat time...i saw counter A3 was empty..so i walked ther and asked

me:"can i take my ticket here??"

he:"u'r going to??"

me:"penang"

he:"orh..plz go to counter A1"

me:"ok..thanks"

so i walked to counter A1....and for your infomation....the family still checking in their luggage...i handed my itenary and my ic to the person at counter A1 and he gave me my ticket..i nearly fainted on the spot

he:"here's your ticket...plz go to gate A10 now"

me(in my heart):"har!!???gate A10....wat the fuck?"

mind you..gate A10 is the furthest gate...and i looked at my watch..6:45am....

me(in my heart):"shit shit...i hope i dont fucking miss the flight..or else...daddy going to skin me kao kao"

so i rushed to the scanning gate ther....traffic jam..slowly..i passed the gate....walked to the escalator....jammed also...

after i passed all those obstacle...i walked wif my fastest speed to the gate 10..and i managed to get ther in time.....phew.....lucky me i shud say.....so i waited for around 5 minutes and i was in the plane ..get ready to go back penang.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Papi said...

fuiyo, lucky it's only domestic. If international flight, and if u get the furthest gate, die lor.

Got one time hor, I was working in Dungun. Our flight was around 8pm from Kuala Trengganu. When we were about to leave, the system suddenly 'kong'. So we stayed back to check it out, and I managed to put in a temporary solution. Then we rushed to KT and reached there in 30 mins!! I was driving like mad like that, and the rented Proton Saga Aeroback changed to a F1 car! We arrived there 5 mins late, but lucky they allowed us to check in and board the plane.

10:18 AM  
Blogger timun said...

woh..lucky you papi

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home