Saturday, February 02, 2008

wat's wrong with ppl's music taste?

her :" wat kind of music u normally listen to?"

me :"er..local band...indonesia band...seldom listen to chinese songs tho.."

her :"aiyeerr...u like listening to malay songs??"

me :"er..yea...sometime..and sometime they dun just sing in malay..they have english songs also.."

her :"aiyer...listen to malay song....can go marry malay girl dy.."

me(in my heart) :"..WTF!!!????"

yeap yeap..this was part of my conversation with one of my female colleague....and that was her response after knowning my music taste...

wat's wrong with a chinese listening to malay songs or local band or indonesian band??

i listen to ungu, peterpan, nidji, nitrus, disagree, love me butch, nice stupid playground, sheila on 7, PAS band, acha septriasa&irwan shah, samsons, one buck shot, estranged, audy, glenn fredl, letto, too phat, jason lo, single track mind, tragicomedy, OAG and lot lot more...

so what????????????

and u, without listening to any of the song from either one of the artist or band that i mention....and u straight away gave me "WTF-those-kind-of-songs-also-can listen-?" type of look...

i mean i dun give u the look when i know u'r from chinese-ed who just listen to chinese songs and don't wan to accept other type of song because u think chinese songs are the best of the world..

mind u..i was from chinese school also...u know how to sing jay chou songs..i know too...u know how to read chinese newspaper..i know too...

i think one shouldn't just confine themselves to their own culture.......be open-minded and try accept others culture..maybe u might like it too.......i do listen to chinese songs too sometimes.....

and u know wat pissed me the most??

listen to malay songs must marry malay girl?

then i listen to japanese songs..i must marry japanese girl?

if i listen to bob marley...then my choice ma left jamaica.....tiu lor like this...how am i going to expend my family tree like this??

a total bullshit from a very immature person.....

i know alot of chinese have the same music taste as me...

but the type of mentality my colleagues has....still exist around us..widely.....guess we cant do anything about it tho...

ppl can change their fashion taste easily..ppl can change their food taste easily..ppl change everything easily.........but mentality...wait long long la....

-disappointed-

11 Comments:

Blogger Jason Lioh said...

I have a few favourite Malay songs too!

12:33 AM  
Blogger She's Jess said...

Ppl tends to judge on the surface on most of the things la. Can't help it.

I do listen to our Malay songs too :)

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe.. she doesn't know what she's missing out. :D

I must listen more Jap songs.. then i can marry a Jap chic. YAY!

Happy Chinese New Year..

3:22 AM  
Blogger timun said...

jasonmubles : i have alot..u wan u wan???

she's jess : tat's one fact tat i dun like..but wat to do..actually our local music is not bad at all eh....

lays : exactly lays...exactly...but indon chic...sluurrrppp....haha...

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I face the same thing too...they can't fathom the fact one can listen to indonesian bands, malay bands, etc...
people often judge by face value....that's the sad state some people are in....extremely shallow..heck I got the "weird" looks once I told out I watched Zombie Kampung Pisang too....I thought it was a hilarious movie which did not take itself seriously....ah well...nothing much we can do....

10:38 AM  
Blogger timun said...

punkadelic : ahh..agree with you..pretty sad isnt it?? sigh

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walao. Emo sungguh. Haha. You know I'm always with you, Bro when it comes to music.

I STILL WANT NITRUS PUNYA RESAH!

10:11 PM  
Blogger narrowband said...

I'm facing a similar challenge at my workplace now. Two chinese-ed fuckers (sorry bro no offence to your and other chinese-ed, but these two I'm talking about are really those typical, hardcore type) do not seem to be able to accept me into the team - they really look at me differently. Everything I do, they judge me kao kao. To them, I seem to give them the impression that I'm a spoilt, worthless brat who won't last long in the job. I arrive early in the office also they'll ask "You today leaving office earlier ah?" KNNBCCB

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think in general this goes to show the polarisation between the chinese who dun give a flying f' bout others as long as we survive and the other camp which has a more open and worldly outlook of things. It really is truly ignorant and sad to see.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timun : too bad man..gotta live with it LOL!!! But they do accept if you listen to trashy boybands from the west....pathethic....

11:22 AM  
Blogger timun said...

gan : aiyo....the internet line so slow..how to send to u...i listen until i know how to sing d...haha

narrowband : shit man...even in KL also got such kind of mentality? i always think KL ppl are more open minded towards these thing...guess it's the country problem..not state problem eh?

anon : yea..i'm glad on the latter one....hehehe...

punkadelic : ahh...u got a point there..i didnt think of it before..hahaah....prrff....pathetic, indeed...btw...do u have blog?? mind i visit ur blog and add u in my rss feeder?

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home